Prepare For A Home Inspection
As a seller you need to know what to expect during the home inspection process. You should also fix anything that may have a negative impact on the inspection findings. The cleaner the home inspection the more likely you will have a smooth transaction.
Here are a few items to have inspected and repair as needed:
- Make sure roof is sound, free of leaks and has no missing shingles
- Checking fasica, exterior trim and exterior door jams for any wood rot
- Make sure irrigation system is functioning and repair any broken irrigation heads
- Have AC serviced and evaluated
- Make sure all windows open and function as intended
- Check for plumbing and fixture leaks at sinks, showers and tubs
- Make sure toilets are secure to the floor and working without issues
- Make sure all electrical outlets work and there are no double tapped breakers in the electrical panel
- Check to make sure pool equipment is free of leaks and working properly
- Replaced burned about lightbulbs so inspector can confirm the outlet works
- Anything you know doesn't work and/or needs repair must be diclosed to all prospective buyers. Better to fix them first!
Here are a few infographics to help you along the way.